The terms and conditions set out below shall be the basis of all Contracts of Hire with Africa Grips Films and Rentals which shall be concluded by a Rental Agreement form by any person, persons or body corporate and the handing over of goods by Africa Grips Films and Rentals on the basis of such Rental Agreement.
In these terms and conditions Africa Grips Films and Rentals means Africa Grips Films and Rentals Limited whose principal place of business is Taveta Court, Taveta Rd. Nairobi. The hirer shall mean any person, persons or body corporate entering into a rental agreement with Media Dog Ltd for the hire of goods and equipment. “Goods and equipment” referred to in “The terms and conditions” refer to those set out below and shall be the sole conditions of any contract with Africa Grips Films and Rentals subject to any addition or amendment which shall be in writing and ratified by a Director of Africa Grips Films and Rentals.
The Period of Hire:
- The period of hire shall commence with the hirer taking possession of the equipment (whether or not such receipt shall have been from Africa Grips Films and Rentals) and shall terminate when equipment is returned.
- Where equipment is delivered or collected by hirer, hirer’s servant or agents such delivery or collection is at the hirer’s risk and expense and the hirer shall be liable for physical loss and damage and delay to the equipment from the time the equipment leaves Africa Grips Films and Rentals’ premises until it is returned to Africa Grips Films and Rentals’ premises whether or not the equipment is being delivered or collected by Africa Grips Films and Rentals or is in the custody of Africa Grips Films and Rentals, it’s directors, servants or agents.
- The hirer will provide adequate and appropriate insurance to cover the full, new for old replacement cost of the equipment.
- The hirer must collect the equipment between 07:00hrs and 09:00hrs on the agreed on hire date and return the equipment within 24 hours.
- The hirer will satisfy himself on taking possession of all equipment that it is in good working order and in undamaged condition.
- All equipment on hire remains the absolute property of Africa Grips Films and Rentals.
- The hirer shall have no authority to transfer or otherwise part with possession of the equipment during the period of hire unless the express written consent of Africa Grips Films and Rentals is first obtained.
- In the event that the hirer intends to take equipment out of Nairobi or use the same for any abnormal or hazardous assignment then consent must first be obtained from Africa Grips Films and Rentals who may at their sole discretion vary the terms of the rental.
Damage or Loss to Equipment Hired:
- It shall be the absolute responsibility of the hirer to ensure the safe keeping of equipment and the hirer will indemnify Africa Grips Films and Rentals in respect of any loss or damage howsoever caused whilst in the hirer’s possession.
- All damage or loss will be notified to Africa Grips Films and Rentals immediately (or as soon as practicable) following which the goods must be returned to Africa Grips Films and Rentals for repair or replacement should repair be uneconomic. The hirer may carry out repairs to the damaged equipment with the express consent of Africa Grips Films and Rentals and shall otherwise make no attempt to examine, diagnose, repair or remove the outer casing of the equipment hired.
- The hirer shall be liable to pay the full cost of repair and / or replacement of any equipment lost or damaged beyond repair with reference to new equipment of the same or nearest available specification.
- In the event of loss or damage to equipment the period of hire will without further reference to the hirer extend until such time as full reimbursement for the cost of replacement of the lost or damaged equipment has been made whether or not such period extends beyond that of the original rental agreement.
- Africa Grips Films and Rentals shall not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for losses incurred by the hirer due to faulty or non-functioning equipment during the period of hire. Africa Grips Films and Rentals will however take all steps to ensure that faulty equipment is replaced as soon as possible with either the same or similar equipment.
- The hirer will indemnify Africa Grips Films and Rentals at all times fully against any liabilities, demands, actions, claims or proceedings arising from or in connection with the equipment hired.
- In the event that the hirer shall create, use with or in conjunction to any equipment hired any unique or original material or matter Africa Grips Films and Rentals shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of the loss, damage or imperfection of any such material and the hirer will fully indemnify Africa Grips Films and Rentals in respect of any such claims by a third party.
- During the Rental agreement the hirer will pay the rental fee as specified in the Rental Agreement plus V.A.T. In the event of the Rental Agreement specifying a daily rate then such rate will be charged to the end of the day on which the equipment is returned.
- Africa Grips Films and Rentals reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee not exceeding the full rental charge under the Rental Agreement.
- All fees under the Rental Agreement will be discharged at the time of the hirer returning the equipment or with the specific consent of Africa Grips Films and Rentals up to thirty days after the date of any invoice subsequently issued.
- Africa Grips Films and Rentals reserve the right to charge at the daily rate for any late returned equipment.
- Africa Grips Films and Rentals reserve the right to determine the contract and recover any equipment hired in the event of bankruptcy, insolvency or liquidation of the hirer.
- Payment for hire goods ordered shall be made at the time of delivery unless the customer shall have been granted a credit account. Africa Grips Films and Rentals shall have agreed such facility in writing and the existence of a credit account will be indicated on the hire invoice together with the specific credit period. In the absence of any specific credit period the invoice shall be construed to express a maximum period of thirty days.
- Africa Grips Films and Rentals reserve the right to add to any overdue balance at the due date an additional sum calculated by reference to 4% per annum above clearing bank base rate for the time being on any outstanding balance accruing on a daily basis.
- Where an order made by customers is accepted by Africa Grips Films and Rentals and a deposit is paid over by the customer and such sum is agreed between the parties, Africa Grips Films and Rentals reserve the right to retain the full amount of the deposit to set against any costs they incur in fulfilling the customer’s order.
- Payment should be sent to:
Phares Mwangi – 0705871052